Background

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

A simple couponing example


So here is a picture of a fun night of couponing. I had had a stressful day and wanted to have a night to myself and have a little retail therapy. This only cost me $2 bucks (less than).

I bought 20 bottles of soap and 2 bottles of $5 nail polish. 
I did this at two different stores.

The soap is normally $1.99. It was on sale for $1.00.
On each bottle there was a "peelie" coupon for $0.50 off a bottle. (Since at Publix coupons $0.50 and under double this made each bottle free). 
There was also a Publix coupon for $1.00 off 2 bottles of soap. I used 5 Publix coupons and 10 "peelie" coupons for a grand total of -$5.00!

So I used my profit to purchase a bottle of nail polish. My total before tax was $0.00 - FREE! 
In my state I have to pay tax on what I purchased so I had to pay $0.94 for 10 bottles of soap and a $5.00 bottle of nail polish (I did the deal twice). 

Not bad for a days work. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment