Background

Friday, January 24, 2014

A Little Feng Shui

First written September 2012

So, we have tried to make the apartment we are living in as comfy and home-y as possible. I have moved the furniture around a lot. It's a one bedroom apartment but the bedroom doesn't have an air conditioning unit. But the living room area does. Since we came to Korea the end of July it was unbearably hot and there was no way we could sleep in a room that was 85 degrees at least. So the first thing we did, even though we were so tired and jet lagged, was move the bed into the living room and the other things in the living room into the bedroom.

A previous resident had put up some kind of stick on wall decor. But someone had later decided that it needed to come down. So they peeled it off the wall which has been poorly painted on cheap sheet rock. I'm not saying anything about the people who made the decision to put up the cheap sheet rock, I'm just painting a picture. So when they peeled off the wall decor it left an "outline" (for lack of a better word) on the wall where it had been. 

Ta Da!




It's all I can do not to sit and stare at the terrible wall all the time. And when I am Skyping with anyone new that hasn't seen the wall they always say "Is that a flower behind your head?" 

So I decided that my contribution to this apartment for everyone that comes after us is fixing this wall.

I found some peel and stick wall paper at a local store that I liked and would cover up this craziness. It has big orange flowers on it and is kind of asian but anything is better than the weird "under the sea" wall.

Here is what the wall looks like now as of this weekend. It has made SUCH a difference.



There are several bubbles in the paper and you can still see a little of what is behind it but like I said ANYTHING is better. I really like the big flowers and it adds some color to a pretty bland apartment. 

Hope you like it too!

Love you all!



Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment