Background

Thursday, January 16, 2014

Mint Chocolate Lip Scrub DIY


This year I purchased the Lush Mint Juleps Lip Scrub and fell in love. It is wonderful. I love the scent, the taste and what it does to my lips when I use it. The problem is the price tag especially in Korea where there is an even bigger mark up than in the States or the UK. But I loved it and it took a while for me to use up.

I had heard that it was possible to make your own lip scrub. I knew it was something I wanted to try to attempt at some point but I had the Mint Juleps so I put it off. Eventually I used up the lip scrub and while I did repurchase the Mint Juleps (seriously, it's heavenly) I saved the old jar for when I decided to try my hand at making my own.

I did a little bit of research on different recipes and while each recipe was different I wanted to use products that I already had at home. Lush uses castor sugar for their scrubs and while this is perfectly fine I didn't want to buy a whole thing of castor sugar just for my lip scrub. So I used regular white sugar that most everyone has at home anyway.



Ingredients:

1 tablespoon  white sugar
1/2 teaspoon cacao powder
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon jojoba oil
1-2 drops peppermint essential oil

That's it. Mix ingredients and store in a container of your choice. I used my old glass Mint Juleps container.

Exfoliate and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment